So you’ve discovered the iKamand, our unique temperature control for the grill. You’ve read up on this scientific perfection of one of humanity’s oldest cooking methods. You know this valiant grill controller can send both dangerous undercooking and charred disasters firmly to the past. You’ve brought an iKamand home to your Kamado Joe charcoal grill. Now you’re admiring this palm-sized piece of technology. But you need to know — how to put it to work? Therefore, read on! This guide clearly lays out the process for you.
Install Your iKamand on your Charcoal Grill
- Open the bottom vent the entire way.
- If necessary, clear away excess ash.
- Put the more narrow side of the iKamand inwards.
- Push into place.
- Plug the iKamand into an electrical source.
- Look for the LED to light up.
Connect Your Phone To Your iKamand
- Download the iKamand app, for iOS and Android
- Open the app
- Create your account within the app, then log in.
- The app screen will display your iKamand.
- Hold the button on your iKamand for around 8 seconds.
- Once the LED flashes rapidly, release the button
- After a few moments, the LED will resume rapid flashing. Now it’s ready for the Bluetooth!
Connect Your Grill Controller to Bluetooth
- On your phone, open your wi-fi settings
- You’ll find ikamand-xxxx (where the ‘x’s represent numerals) in the device list.
- Select that device.
- Return to the iKamand app.
- After 2-3 seconds the app will display the password screen.
- Open the drop-down and select your home wifi
- Enter your wifi password and hit submit.
- The app will navigate to a new screen.
- Once it connects the iKamand’s LED will become steady.
Set Up Your First Cook With Temperature Control
- Open your app and log into your iKamand
- You’ll see four tabs: choose the cook tab
- In the top right corner you’ll see the smoker icon.
- Below that you’ll see a menu to select the food you’re grilling.
- On the iKamand plug in at least two probes: one for the firebox of the charcoal grill and one for the food.
- Inform the app of your cook and desired temperatures.
- Start grilling!
All of this will take less time to do than it does to read. Then you’ll be set up with pinpoint temperature control for your charcoal grill. To learn more about your new grill controller, read our articles. We’ve written one on The Benefits of the iKamand. Also, we have a detailed description of How the iKamand Works. Finally, but absolutely not least, enjoy grilling with confidence with the iKamand!